An HVAC Helper provides hands-on assistance to qualified Technicians and Installers in the field while learning the trade. A Helper should be enrolled in or express interest in enrolling in a formal Apprenticeship Program.
- Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
- Installs equipment and components per Clover procedures as directed by the Technician or Installer.
- Ensures quality of installation.
- Picks up and delivers parts, equipment, and material as needed.
- Notifies supervisor of material and equipment needed to maintain production and complete project.
- Identifies and reports situations where installation cannot be complete as intended by the Lead.
- Uses all work time productively.
- Ensures customer satisfaction when on service calls.
- Maintains positive attitude with all fellow co-workers and motivates fellow co-workers by building a team atmosphere.
- Supports and implements best practices in the workplace.
- Assures safety practices are maintained in line with company policy.
- Develops good work habits in field.
- Uses Clover vehicles and equipment in a responsible manner.
- Adheres to all applicable law and codes.
- Communicates with team daily to ensure project quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- General understanding of HVAC and the hand tools required to execute the work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-3 years of field experience.
- Enrolled (or demonstrates intention to enroll) in an Apprentice Program.
- Must be able to drive a company service van.
- Must be able to work with hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs.
- Must be able to ascend and descend an extension ladder.
- Work outdoors and in tight spaces such as attics.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.