An HVAC Technician will perform daily service/repair calls as assigned by the Service Manager and Dispatchers. Other duties include polite and professional customer interactions as well as working with the other Technicians and Helpers to accomplish daily tasks.
- HVAC Helpers
- Leads and trains HVAC Helpers going through the Apprentice Program in hands on field work.
- Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
- Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Maintains and secures spare parts inventory and recommends purchasing of maintenance equipment and supplies as required to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Provides high quality technical services with world class customer service.
- Arrives at customer service calls within the promised service window.
- Communicates delays and issues to customers and Dispatchers.
- Offers customers new or renewal of Clover Club memberships as well as other add-on products offered by the company.
- Prepares Work Order for each client that is clear and easy to understand before leaving and makes sure they totally understand the service rendered.
- Collects payment from customers for work according to Clover policies.
- Tracks service vehicle stock with standard parts/materials, notifies office staff with reorder needs.
- Obtains Purchase Orders from the Dispatchers before picking up items from vendors.
- Turns in packing slips for all materials purchased to the Service Manager.
- Gives each customer respect in line with company standards.
- Eliminates callbacks due to poor workmanship.
- Adheres to all applicable codes.
- Clearly communicates needs for permits to the office staff.
- Helps other Technicians and Helpers in the field when appropriate.
- Responsible for making sure that all junior Service Technicians are properly trained.
- Makes sure that the service vehicle is clean, stocked, running properly, has good tires etc.
- Makes sure that the service vehicle has current tags, state inspection, etc.
- Maintains positive attitude with all fellow co-workers and motivate fellow co-workers.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance when performing work related duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information and multi-task, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a small team.
- Service Titan experience (preferred)
- Minimum of three years of experience in HVAC Services and/or installs.
- Successful completion of an HVAC apprenticeship program.
- EPA Universal Certification
- Must possess and maintain legal status to operate a company service van.
- Must be able to work with hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to ascend and descend an extension ladder.
- Work outdoors and in tight spaces such as attics.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.